1. Start with one growing solopreneur.
2. Add equal parts prep work and clarity work.
3. Let mix and expand for two weeks.
4. After this, slowly mix in hiring work.
5. Once all hiring work has been added, it will take the form of an assistant.
6. For about two weeks, let the assistant rise through the onboarding process.
7. After the onboarding process, continue to mentor and guide the assistant.
Because unlike baking, there isn’t ever a final “product” when it comes to working alongside an assistant. To sustain a harmonious working relationship, there needs to be a thoughtful flow of feedback, guidance, and delegation.
PS. I recommend adding lots of chocolate chips, celebration dances, and laughter.